I want to share with you a tactic that has blessed our homeschool since it’s inception in 2003. It is what I call a “Running Curriculum List“. This way of thinking has saved our family THOUSANDS of dollars on homeschool curriculum over the last 9+ years. Who can’t use a few extra dollars in their pocket year round? I know I can!
How does this work?
- The basic gist of it is to write down EVERYTHING you are wanting for your homeschool – even if it is something you want to use 5 years from now. I have found that if I write down the things that I desire for my children and keep a running list of them, it gives me the ability to find the curriculum used for so much less.
- I keep TWO copies of my Running Curriculum list. One at home and one folded and tucked away neatly in my purse (inside a small daily planner). This way no matter when I stumble across something, I have what exactly I am looking for handy.
- I write down the curriculum name and edition, cost (new), grade level, and how many. With this list ALWAYS handy, if I come across a used book store and happen to find something on my list – I know whether or not my savings are significant enough or not to purchase this item. This method saved me just under $150 on a purchase just this past year!
- I have created a free printable that shows you exactly how I do this and how I organize my list.
Where can you find my list?
Other tips To save money through out the year on curriculum
- Homeschool Freebies
- Frugal Homeschooling: A Lifestyle of God’s Best
- 5 Ways to Save BIG on Homeschool Curriculum