Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review. The thoughts below are all mine and are not influenced by the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.
Itsy Bitsy Christmas
Max Lucado’s Itsy Bitsy Christmas is a beautiful tale about God’s love during the first Christmas in Bethlehem. On an unusually busy morning in Bethlehem, two little mice, Itsy and Bitsy are told that a king was coming to their tiny town. Filled with excitement, Itsy and Bitsy begin to tell everyone they see about the good news of the king. However, no one believes them. No one believes that a king would come to such a small insignificant town. After searching high and low without finding him, Itsy and Bitsy begin to believe that a king will not be coming to their town. Just when they are about to lose all hope – they find out that what they had heard is true. This sweet tale teaches our young children that no one is insignificant in God’s eyes and He loves even the least of us.
Our two youngest children (boys ages 5 and 6) really enjoy this book. We have read it at least 20 times since it arrived in the mail for review last week. And with the discussion it drums up in our homeschool about God’s love, I suspect we’ll be reading it well over 20 more times between now and Christmas!
Why I Recommend This Book
- I would highly recommend this sweet book for your young children to help reinforce the truth of God’s love in their hearts and minds.
- It is a great conversation starter to talk with your children about the real significance of Christmas.
- The beautiful illustrations and story line will help your children remember key parts of the story and help them grow in their faith.
- It opens up the opportunity to talk about real heart issues that your children may be facing — and allow them to learn about how trusting in God can help them through the hard times.
- We also loved the free coloring sheets that go with the book as well.
Purchase Itsy Bitsy Christmas
You can purchase a copy of this timely new Christmas book here.
Want to Win a Copy?
Please enter using the Rafflecopter widget.
Must be 18 years of age at time of entry and have a US mailing address.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
No purchase necessary to win. Void where prohibited. Valid only in the United States. Must be at least 18 years of age to enter. Winner will be selected by Rafflecopter and will be notified within 48 hours of the contest’s close. Selected winner’s will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen. Prizes provided by & awarded by the sponsor(s).