My family members have become huge fans of halved brussels sprouts sautéed in a pan with bacon pieces. It sounds crazy, but they are so good prepared this way! I even have a recipe over on my blog for Iron-Skillet Brussels Sprouts & Bacon.
I have never been a big fan of cabbage, but I had only ever eaten it stewed. I’m not a fan. I have often wondered if cabbage would be more appetizing to me if prepared in a different way. I decided to experiment, and once again, the family loved it! I hope you will give it a try, and let me know what your family thinks.
- 1 small head cabbage, sliced (almost as if you were shredding it but not quite)
- 7 to 8 slices bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place bacon pieces into iron skillet or your favorite non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Allow bacon cook for a few minutes.
- Add cabbage to skillet.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until bacon is done and cabbage is crisp-tender.