This dish is a family favorite that I have been serving for years. It’s also easy, because everything is simply added to the same “pot.” For those who cannot eat fish or don’t like seafood, there are a few ways to change things up to create a completely new meal. You may substitute chicken for the tuna in equal amounts and leave the rest of the ingredients the same. Or you could sub in pepperoni and salami for the tuna, omit the ranch dressing and green olives, add Italian dressing, toss in some diced tomatoes and black olives, and you would have an Italian-style pasta dish that is delicious! I love the versatility.
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni or bow tie pasta
- 24 oz. albacore tuna, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 3 bunches red grapes, rinsed well and sliced in half
- 'Buttermilk' Ranch Dressing
- *optional shredded parmesan cheese to top when serving
- Prepare "Buttermilk' Ranch Dressing and set aside to use later.
- Boil pasta to desired firmness.
- Drain and place in large bowl.
- Drain tuna and add it, along with your thawed peas, to the bowl of pasta. Stir, if desired.
- Add seasonings and other ingredients.
- Add 'Buttermilk' Ranch Dressing and stir gently until combined.
Serve with saltines or your favorite flavor of Triscuit!