As a kid growing up in the south, I ate a lot of fried food. I enjoyed my mama’s cooking, but as an adult I try not to indulge in or prepare fried food too often. This is my version of my mama’s fried squash that I loved as a kid, with a few tweaks of my own added in.
- olive oil, just enough to coat a cookie sheet or pizza pan
- 2 medium zucchini, washed and sliced into rounds
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups almond milk
- 1 to 2 cups almond meal/flour
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 sandwich bag
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and slice zucchini.
- Combine all other ingredients in sandwich bag and shake well.
- Dip zucchini slices, individually, into almond milk.
- Add 4-6 slices (after dipped in almond milk) to bag and shake until well-coated.
- Spread slices evenly onto cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes, or until reaching desired crispness and golden brown.
These zucchini chips offer a delicious flavor, pack a hefty nutritional punch, and meet both gluten and dairy free needs. Make sure you give them a try!