This recipe is one I found on Pinterest and I knew I had to try it! My family loves Mustard Potato Salad and German Potato Salad, so why not Loaded Baked Potato Salad?
- 8 large baking potatoes
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing (I used my own allergy-friendly dressing since my little ones are dairy free)
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 16 slices bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (we use Daiya for our dairy free kiddos)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Wash potatoes well, then dice into small cubes.
- Drizzle about 2 tbsp. of olive oil onto each of two cookie sheets.
- Distribute potatoes evenly between the two cookie sheets.
- Place in 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are crisp-tender. Roasting rather than boiling the potatoes helps to ensure that they retain their shape and you will not end up with mashed potato salad.
- While potatoes are roasting, cook all bacon and set aside.
- Shred cheese, if necessary, and measure out 1 cup. Set aside to use as a topping at the table, or add all to the mix if your family has no allergies!
- Mix all ingredients together, and serve while warm.
Be sure to let me know if you try this recipe and if you make any additions or omissions. I love to re-make a dish to suit our family, so I hope you will take on that challenge as well!